A powerful and unforgettable experience.
Khadijah goes to School is about Ideas that Matter. Order Now.
Khadijah goes to School is an ambassador for:
- Making Ideas social/”present”
- Society/Human Progress/Social Justice
- Literacy and Education
- “Critical” Dialogue/Discussion and “Point of View”
- Creative Thought/Critical Thinking/Asking Questions/Deconstruction of Ideas
- Facing fear (challenging Anxiety)
- Visual Ideas/Visual Perception
- Human Potential/”The Self”
- Diversity (A “Diversity Tool” in Thought and Culture/Inter-faith)
- Life Skills/Personal Development/Self-Esteem
- New beginnings
- Anti-Bigotry/ Anti-Islamic Bigotry/ The Islamic Information Industry (KGTS is a symbol for promoting an accurate Islamic experience)
Khadijah goes to School is the most artistic book on Human Progress (Social Justice and Self-Development). What is Human Progress? Khadijah goes to School defines it as “Helping yourself and Helping other People™“.
The main intent behind Khadijah goes to School is to promote Dialogue. Why is Dialogue important? Because you ask questions and learn something new. It’s that simple. The approach of the book is to keep it simple while playing with Ideas that are deep and involved. It’s important to challenge and expand what you think you know or what you already know.
This is an IDEAS book for ALL ages. Children will love this unique item. One of the critical elements of Khadijah goes to School is it addresses fear and looks for resolution, thus making it a “children’s book for adults” in every way as well. Fear is challenged through the development and recognition of Human Potential (personal development).
This is a book of fine details and ideas, starting from the way the book opens, and the content inside. It’s a concept that can relate to anybody. It is “A story about You…” [sub-title] My story? Yes! Human Progress is your story, its personal.
How is this Dialogue happening?
1) Self-Reflection through exploring ideas of Human Potential – Life Skills (1st theme: Helping Yourself) with explicit Ideas codified like: ”Be Yourself, Don’t Underestimate Yourself, Define Yourself, etc.” Khadijah goes to School is addressing explicit Ideas of personal development that are not so obvious in the school system and in society. It’s codified! There is no course called “Be Yourself” or “Courage.” Khadijah goes to School is addressing this gap by presenting Ideas for You to think about/develop and take further in your character and personal journey.
2) Discussions about Contribution to others and Society (2nd theme: Helping other People) can be examined, like: “The blood that flows though your veins is the same blood that flows through my veins.”
Khadijah goes to School is stunningly unique from the way the book opens, the pictures, symbols, poetry, Ideas and characters. It is a book of mystery, history, anti-bigotry, literacy and human victory.
Dialogue is a natural effect. It works.
Further, there is curiosity on just who the main character is. The story is told through Khadijah, a young girl with a hijab (head scarf). Khadijah lives in Canada and is anxious about going to school. She learns from her teacher and other fellow students, i.e. David and Arjun. Khadijah goes to School addresses many rudimentary Ideas of the Self like fear. Fear is the underlying feeling in the story that is confronted through reflection and dialogue.
Excellent Post 9/11 Resource: Cute little Khadijah in Khadijah goes to School is also a resource that naturally opens up dialogue about Islam and Muslims in society. It is the most unique book challenging anti-Islamic bigotry. It fosters learning on Islam through art and storytelling in a fun and inviting way. It also makes for a great critical dialogue opportunity for those interested in discussing Muslims/Arabs/South Asians in Society.
Regardless of where you are from, Khadijah goes to School is personal, it’s your story. It’s a journey back into “The Self.” The Time is Now…
Khadijah goes to School is a Resource. Bring it to your classroom, library, organization and family.